Thursday, February 26, 2015

February Recap

My part-time job:

I quit a job for the first time, and it feels wonderful. I started working at a local hotel restaurant a month after I graduated so that I could continue to have an income as I applied to jobs I actually wanted. This job has been the only job I have really felt unhappy in. 

I do not want to go into the details of what made this job bad for me, but a result of this job, I could not go dancing often, I stopped seeing a lot of my friends, and applying for other jobs became harder and harder because I was tired, sad, and discouraged. 

I look super happy

Then (finally!) I found another part-time job as an administrative assistant that makes me really happy! No more terrible green ties!

Valentine's Day:

I love, love, love Valentine's Day! I made some cards and mailed them to friends here in LA and all the way in the UK. My cards were not exactly original, but I hand-made each one  with care and a crap-ton of glitter.



I really liked all of these and was happy to know they had reached my friends on Valentine's Day or just a couple days after!

Lingerie:

I acquired a new Agent Provocateur set and completed an entirely velvet set! Recently, I wore What Katie Did's H2030 Seamfree RHT Nylons, size small and in the color "Champagne". I was definitely not expecting, how feather-light and delicate they feel especially for the price. They are very sheer, but give my legs a very warm hint of color. One thing I noticed from wearing these stockings was that they have a very noticeable sheen in direct sunlight. I personally liked this because I have noticed other brands of "nude" stockings I have used make my legs look ashy and dry if the finish is too matte. I also like that the champagne color suits the warm undertones and pale skin very well.


It is not obvious in the picture, but I am wearing my Madame X suspender from Dita Von Teese's lingerie line. It was also my first time wearing this suspender out, and I was really happy with it. I did not have to readjust it, the clips did not pop out of place, and despite being constructed with elastic and lace, the suspender did not travel very far from my waist for the 5 hours I was wearing it/being mobile in it. The true test will come when I wear it out dancing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment