Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Recap

I know most of my posts have been very text heavy, but this post is going to be short and sweet! This month has been pretty eventful. Apart from May being my birthday month, which I celebrated with a yummy crepe cake, I also went to San Luis Obispo with my sisters, and went to Disneyland this weekend.

On the way to SLO, we stopped a short while in Santa Barbara, got some coffee and did some vintage store window shopping. 




 


Santa Barbara is a gorgeous city! I had only been a couple of times when I was very young, and I did not remember much. It was all new to me! Most exciting was trying Chipotle for the first time. Seriously.

After a couple of hours, my sisters headed back on the road, straight to SLO. I Snapchatted the entire trip. It featured our amazing road trip playlist on Spotify, which I recommend to everyone.







The Madonna Inn was an absolute dream! It is the kitschiest hotel, but absolutely lovable from the moment you set eyes on it. Everyone was so friendly, and our room was a girly dream come true. 

      




We stayed in the Fleur De Lis room, and it was so pretty I immediately regretted not bringing a ballgown or some pretty lingerie to have a photo shoot in. I guess this means I'll have to find an excuse to stay here again!


Even the pool is amazing.
We were only in SLO from one day to the next, so we relaxed by the pool, got some dinner, and watched a movie. The next day we were up bright and early and got some coffee and explored the downtown area of SLO.


Coffee Shop of my dreams, Scout Coffee
 

On our way back we stopped by a beach near Santa Barbara and got back to Pasadena a short while after that. The trip was so much fun, and I liked that I got to spend a weekend with just my sisters. I really liked SLO, and I can't wait to go back to the city. Maybe next time I can meet SLO dancers (largely Blues and Lindy) on their turf!

Just yesterday my big sister and I got to Disneyland (a.k.a. Happiest Place on Earth) with a friend. As far as theme parks go, Disneyland is pretty magical, but you have to be a patient person. You'll spend hours queuing for the rides.








It has been an amazing month, and I am looking forward to the start of the summer months. I don't think I will doing as much traveling, but I do have a lot of short term goals set out for myself that I want to accomplish.

1 comment: